Shortly after our wedding and honeymoon Mark showed me something on his phone. He had put me in his contacts as Wifey. And somehow that is when it really struck me: I am a WIFE!!
Sunday Mark and I are celebrating our 1 year anniversary. I cannot believe we have already been married for one year. The past year has been incredible. I fall more and more in love with Mark every day and I am so thankful for an amazing first year of marriage and the incredible memories we have made. So I thought I would jot a couple down.
Memories from Year One:
- Our horrible old house- pink appliances in the kitchen, packing tape holding the counters together, air conditioning that doesn’t work and lots of love. I guess God thought we needed a full year in this pink piece of the 50′s and even though Mark is irritated because I always complain about it, I am also really thankful for the time we have had together here. (Which by the way Mark’s uncle, parents and great grandparents have all lived in this house at some point in time)
- Nashville -I am SO happy I got to go to this awesome city with my man. The bars were so cool and the colors on trees were incredible because we were there in the fall when all the leaves were turning. For being most of the way across the country it was the best way to spend a long weekend. I totally want to go back.
- Puppy Babies – I can’t help it they don’t respect me. Mark is the man of the house and I just love them because they sit there and look so innocent
- Pinecrest – An annual summer tradition which is always in the top echelons of amazing. Our first married year of it was nothing short of spectacular!
- Budgeting – Mark hates this! But barely scraping by sometimes and trying to decide between buying chicken or boxers at Costco because we can’t afford both has been wild and frustrating and funny and wonderful.
- Almond Blossom – Awesome every year. Even more awesome as married people. Tons of people at our house, Mark’s dad Francois making the biggest pot of jambalaya ever, watching the small town parade AND the beer garden reinstated at the VFW!?!!! SWEET!!! Except when Shane decided to take it upon himself to refill our beer pitcher. Not Cool. Sorry Tiff.
- The ONE bathroom in our house- I think this is really where you learn the most about someone you live with. After drains clogged with hair, Just for Men Hair dye (for the mustache) in the drawer, makeup all over the counter and the hubs yelling “IT’S TOO SOON!!” every time I have to pee and he fears I might leave the door open. I feel like we are CLOSE.
- Bike riding in San Francisco – Mark has always planned the best gifts for me and this year was no exception. We rode bikes in San Francisco and everything about the whole day was perfect.
- New Years Eve – I stayed up with my giraffe sister Christy and Mark, get this, WENT TO BED EARLY!!! Yes that’s right folks, I stayed up later than Mark and when it counts too! Forget the fact that the rest of the year he is a night owl and I am a grandma. I stuck it out when it mattered: New Years Eve!
- Our Wedding – It was the best! Yes, I am biased but it turned out perfect with all of the people we loved there. The whole thing was pieces of us and why we love each other.
Mark I love you so much for so many reasons. I am so excited for many more years together. I love you.